How To Test If Honey Is Pure
Honey is a treat, and is man's oldest sweetener. It is an excellent substitute for sugar in our drinks and food. Honey is an energy booster, an immunity builder and due to its antibacterial properties, is used as a natural remedy for a number of ailments.
However, with the growing popularity, fake and impure honeys have become commonplace in the market today. Generally honey is adulterated by adding a syrup of jaggery. Fake and impure honey can be passed off as pure very easily. When viewed on the shelf, it is very hard to pick out what is pure, and what is not.
Here are a few tests to check whether the honey is pure.
- Honey does not dissolve in water. Drop a teaspoon of honey in a cup of water and mix it gently, wait for a few minutes. Pure honey should remain as a solid lump at the bottom of the cup.
- Honey should not get absorbed when dropped on blotting paper.
- Pour honey on a piece of white cloth and wash it off. Pure honey does not leave any stains behind
- Ants don't get attracted to honey. Due to its viscocity, ants must be able to walk over honey without any trouble
- Dip a cotton ear bud in honey and light it with a match stick. Pure honey will burn while honey adulterated with water will not
To get health tips directly on your facebook wall, consider becoming a fan here.
If you find this informative, please share it or tweet it. Thank you.